Tuesday, December 27, 2011

TWD: Kid's Thumbprints & TWD Top 10

Wow, here it is. Finally. The L.A.S.T. recipe for Tuesdays with Dorie. After four years of baking along, week by week, here we are. I'm not going to go on and on here, because I'm sure everyone feels the same way. I just want to say thanks so much to Laurie of Slush for starting and maintining this group, along with all of the great helpers, and mostly to Dorie Greenspan for writing this most-excellent baking book from which I've learned so much and grown so much as a baker. I now feel like I could tackle most any baking recipe without getting too worked up. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!

OK, for this last recipe, Dorie chose Kids Thumbprints. What a great recipe to end with. These were fantastic - slightly peanuty cookies wrapped in crushed peanuts and with a little dab of jam (or chocolate) on top. Perfect! I underbaked just a tad to keep them soft.


I'm going to share my favorite recipes from the book. Interestingly, I never knew I was such a big fan of fruit desserts before. Who knew?

My Top 10 Tuesdays with Dorie Recipes

- Coconut Butter Thins


- Blueberry Pie


- Banana Cream Pie


- Blanc-Manger


- Lenox Almond Biscotti


- Chocolate Whopper Malted Drops


- Real Butterscotch Pudding


- French Pear Tart plus I'm going to add the Rosy Poached Pear and Pistachio Tart.


Brioche Raisin Snails


- Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp


OK, that's all folks. You can find all of these recipes in Dorie's book "Baking, From my Home to Yours".

24 comments:

Cristine said...

The banana cream pie was on my top list, too! :)

Kayte said...

All your photos are so lovely...each and every one looks perfect! It's been fun, hasn't it? I could never imagined it would be all that it was in so many ways.

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

Thanks for sharing your top 10! I actually won a baking contest with the blueberry pie! :) Your pictures are lovely and I have enjoyed baking along with you!

Hindy said...

Lovely recap. I hope to one day make an edible blanc-manger.
It's been a pleasure to read your blog all these years!

slush said...

Some of your favorites are also my favorites. :) Thanks so much for baking along with us. I hope you will join in on the next adventure as well.

Tia said...

the lenox biscotti and the brioche were my top picks too!

Jennifer said...

YUM! What tasty looking treats!

Your thumbprints look delicious!

Joy said...

Loved seeing your top picks! Your thumbprints look great!

Cindy said...

Love your top ten, great choices. TWD has been a great group, I have met so many wonderful bakers--like you! Thanks for all your kind comments.
Have a Happy New Year.

Flourchild said...

The blueberry pie was on my top 10 list too!I love your cookies, they look perfect!
It's been a ton of fun, I will miss TWD but look fwd to our next group!

natalia said...

Ciao ! Love the parade !!! The cookies are great too ! I wish you a great New Year !

Cakelaw said...

What a beautiful trip down memory lane. I am yet to try the whopper drops - they are high on mu list to do next. Your thumbprints look great. It's been fun baking alOng for the last few years.

Anne said...

I love that you included your favorites, the brioche raisin snails and pear tart were some of my very favorites too! Thanks for baking with me, it's be wonderful!

Judy said...

Beautiful thumbprints! Interesting to see your top 10 list -- I don't think I could narrow it down to only 10.

spike. said...

Love seeing your favorite recipes from the book!

mike509 said...

Great post! We share some of the same favorites! Wonderful photos and recap - Dorie would be proud!

Katrina said...

Departure from TWD just seems so bittersweet. sigh
What a wonderful journey it has been. I've loved seeing your creations.
Will you be joining in with BWJ?
Great favorites list, too.
Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

I saw a few of my favorites in your roundup, too (ooh, that butterscotch pudding). It's been a fantastic few years. Happy New Year!

trump said...

The Lenox Almond Biscotti would be my favorite. Happy new years folks. Richard from the Amish community of Lebanon,pa

Peggy the Baker said...

Seeing your Top Ten has my mouth watering! Such happy food memories! Merry baking in 2012!

Lynne Daley said...

Great idea to list your top ten TWD recipes! It's been a wonderful experience baking with you. Hope to see you in BWJ in February. I have had the book for a long time and look forward to baking with the group.

Leslie said...

What a great post! Most of your favorites were recipes I either skipped or they were made before I joined the group. I'm starting from the beginning to make the recipes I missed, and I know I'll love them too!

Mary said...

OK, I think we have the identical top ten list :). I have really enjoyed baking along with you over these past few years and wish you happiness in the kitchen!

Rachel said...

The crisp was one of my favorites too--I make it all the time!