Friday, April 3, 2009

TWD: The Most Extraordinary French Lemon Cream Tart


I'm still playing catchup with the Tuesday's with Dorie recipes. I guess it's my perfectionist side showing... thinking I *must* complete all of the recipes to date. Or maybe I just want to make sure I haven't been left out of any lip-smacking deliciousness. Who knows.

Anyway, I made The Most Extraordinary French Lemon Cream Tart some time ago. It was really a gorgeous lemon filling... buttery yellow and so smooth. I loved the flavor all the way up until the end, when butter is whizzed into the filling in the blender. The finished filling was still good, don't get me wrong, I just thought the butter diluted the sweet tangy lemon flavor a bit. I would still gladly serve this to guests.

(I could not get a good picture of this tart for the life of me... the filling was more yellow than this.)



OK, over and out! If you'd like to peek at the recipe, check out Dorie Greenspan's book "Baking: From my Home to Yours", or you can find it on Laurie's site here.

13 comments:

Snooky doodle said...

this looks ddelicious. Wish to try it. I haven t had so much luck with lemon tarts. Maybe I ll be lucky with this one.

Jen H said...

Oh man does that look good!!

Anonymous said...

Looks great! I have to play catch-up with this one too.

Megan said...

I just loved that tart - I think it was the first recipe I made out of the book. Now with warmer weather ahead, its a perfect time to make it again!

Bunny said...

I want to try this recipe, I wanted to try it the first time I saw it but i really need to try it now. I love lemon and this just looks so darn good!

Pamela said...

I missed this one, too. I've been thinking about making it for Easter, because I want to try it very much. I've heard lots of good things about it and I just love lemon so much.

Dragon said...

I'm dying to see the lemon inside! You're such a tease. :)

Elyse said...

I wonder why the yellow color wasn't showing up in the photographs. Either way, this tart looks fabulous. I'll make a note to myself not to add so much butter whenever I make this. It sounds totally delicious, though!

NKP said...

Beautiful! You are so good at getting these back recipes done, I haven't done one. *hanging head in shame*

Gigi said...

Looks perfect to me! The crust on your tart looks so delicious!

The Food Librarian said...

This looks so lovely. I joined after they made this and need to go back and make it too! Your tart looks fantastic!

Steph said...

I know what you mean about wanting to catch up and it's totaly the pefectionistic side..haha. I never knew that lemon filling had that much butter in it until this tart...and I actually thought it was healthier than cakes..ha! Your tart looks beautiful.

TeaLady said...

That looks incredibly good. I, too, am playing catch up, but very slowly. Very nice tart.