Sunday, February 14, 2010

TWD: Pecan Sour Cream Biscuits, Day 6 of "8 Days with Dorie"


Half-way through my Tuesday's with Dorie marathon is a recipe I don't feel qualified to discuss... biscuits. (I'm trying to finish up the several months worth of recipes baked before I joined.)

I never ate biscuits growing up. My grandma and mom, both bakers, never made them. I don't know why... maybe it's because we come from small Rocky Mountain towns made up of predominantly German folk. I guess we just didn't "do" biscuits?



So when it was time to make Pecan Sour Cream Biscuits, chosen by Ashley of Eat me Delicious, I shuddered a little.

Yes, I got through the recipe, and yes they were pretty good. The slightly toasty and nutty flavor was divine. I don't think they're quite right, though. Not light and fluffy enough. Not tall enough. Slightly tough on the bottom.

Maybe you're better off checking out Ashley's site, where you can find the recipe. I'll bet she's a better biscuit maker than me. Or get it straight from the horse's mouth and get yourself a copy of Dorie Greenspan's book, "Baking, From my Home to Yours".

Up tomorrow... Fluted Polenta and Ricotta Cake, a surprise hit.

3 comments:

Snooky doodle said...

These look perfect to me and the nuty flavour must be delicious!

Luciana said...

These are very greedy...a delight to the palate...thanks for the recipe...a kiss...Luciana

Unknown said...

White Lily flour -- it makes biscuits lighter.