Thursday, February 11, 2010

TWD: Peanut Butter Torte, Day 3 of "8 Days with Dorie"


Hi and welcome to Day 3 of my little Tuesday's with Dorie marathon. I've been a busy bee, baking up the recipes from before I joined TWD.

Today, I thought we'd stick with the chocolate theme, but mix it up a little bit. Let chocolate be the background, and peanut butter the star. Peanut Butter Torte was on the TWD menu May 6, 2008 and was chosen by Elizabeth at Ugg, Smell Food.

If you've ever eaten peanut butter pie, you'll have a pretty good idea of what this tastes like. Except this version is just a teeny, tiny bit better (the Dorie factor, I guess). There's the Oreo crust, the chunks of nuts and chocolate in the filling, and of course, real whipped cream. (Dorie... use Cool Whip? As if!)

It tasted fantastical! It was rich, but oh so good. Leave it to Dorie to improve on peanut butter pie.

If you'd like to check out the recipe, please get your hands on Dorie Greenspan's book "Baking, From my Home to Yours", or visit Elizabeth's blog.

Tomorrow, stay tuned for Black and White Chocolate Cake.

8 comments:

Jessica said...

I have a long way to go before I make up all of the TWD recipes that I've missed, but this one is at the very top of my list. It looks and sounds so delicious, and I'm happy to know that it's very tasty! I love the mini version.

grace said...

peanut butter pie, but better? be still my heart! it's beautiful, jacque. :)

NKP said...

May I pleeeease have a slice?

Steph said...

I really wanted to make this one, but it was too rich for me.

Megan said...

I remember that one! I made a miniature version and savored every last bite.

Anonymous said...

Yum! I wasn't in the group when this was made, but it sounds like I should give it a try.

Susan said...

I do love peanut butter and chocolate. I am going to have to make this one!

Pamela said...

I know I missed this one and I really have to give it a try soon. It looks so, so good!