Tuesday, September 2, 2008

TWD: Chunky Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Chocolate Chipsters


As I was making this week’s Tuesday's with Dorie recipe, Chunky Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Chocolate Chipsters, I kept thinking they tasted oddly familiar. I don’t know why it took me so long to remember a very similar recipe I tried when I first started blogging. Turns out, the “chunky peanut, chocolate, and cinnamon cookies” have the same ingredients, except for the oatmeal in Dorie’s and the peanuts in Martha’s.

I sometimes wonder if the “pros” start with each others recipes and just change them up a bit.

Anyway, have you ever seen that commercial for Tide to Go (I think it is) where a guy is interviewing for a job and he has a stain on his shirt? The interviewer can’t seem to pay attention to the interviewee because the stain has this big, obnoxious mouth right in the middle of it that keeps hollering every time the interviewee speaks (one of the funniest commecials on TV, if you ask me).

I don’t know... that’s how I felt about the cinnamon. It kept getting in the way of me enjoying the peanut butter and chocolate. Kind of a “three’s a crowd” thing going on here. I guess I'm a chocolate and peanut butter purist.


They did have a lovely texture though, soft and chewy on the inside and the most delicate crispy layer on the outside. I think they would be worth making again and either using just a smidge of cinnamon and nutmeg or leave the spices out altogether.

Anyway, many thanks to Stefany of Proceed With Caution for hosting this week. I am taking them to my monthly cake decorating club and I'm guessing they will be a big hit.

Coming down the pike next week are more cookies (woot!)... the Chocolate Whopper Malted Drops.

No comments: