Thursday, May 14, 2009

TWD: Brown Sugar-Apple Cheesecake


I feel guilty for dissing that poor lemon tart in my previous post, so let's move on. It's a lot more fun to talk about a Tuesday's with Dorie recipe that I *did* like. Brown Sugar-Apple Cheesecake was chosen by Jaime of Good Eats 'n Sweet Treats in February of last year. (I'm working on making the recipes from before I joined TWD.) Jamie was the third person to sign up for TWD and she's got lots of great posts to share.

It doesn't look like much on the outside, but cut into that baby and you'll find apples and cinnamon galore.



I fall hard for just about anything with apples and cinnamon, so naturally, I loved this cheesecake. So did everyone else who was lucky to be in the right place at the right time.

OK, that's all I got to say. If you'd like to see the recipe, please stop by Jamie's fabulous site, or get yourself a copy of Dorie Greenspan's book "Baking, From my Home to Yours".

16 comments:

Snooky doodle said...

oh I love apples and cinnamon and these cheesecake is to die for, yummy !

Jen H said...

I'm a sucker for anything with apples and cinnamon, I've never made cheesecake and might have to make this one as my first!

vibi said...

First I look at the top picture: Ah! Okay... a cheesecake, most regular there is. Then I look further and realize there are great big chunks of apple in there! Woahhh... gotta hide that page from bubby... if not, i'll be asked for that cake every other day!
It looks amazing, Jacque! Mouthwatering!

chocolatechic said...

Oh...I don't know if I could eat fruit in my cheesecake...

It looks fabulous.

alexandra said...

Don't feel guilty ... I love the honesty. i'm such a sucker for any lemon dessert and it looks fabulous so if you told me it was fabulous, I most certainly would have run out to make it only to be terribly disappointed! This cheesecake looks fabulous. I love apple desserts.

Anonymous said...

YUM! When I made this recipe it didn't look as good as yours. It actually was horrible looking. It still was delicious.

Shari said...

This looks like an amazing cheesecake. I haven't tried that one yet, but it looks like one to mark!!
Great execution!!

Pamela said...

I have a list of recipes I want to make from my pre-TWD days, too. This one is on it, for sure. Looks incredibly good.

Anonymous said...

Oooooh! That looks very delicious! I really have to try that one.

grace said...

yes, let's definitely move on to any apple/cinnamon/brown sugar concoction and linger there for awhile! what a terrific and stupendous cheesecake--i LOVE the components, and it just looks so darn creamy!

AmyRuth said...

I love making cheesecakes and I've not made this one. Have to give it go, especially if I could come close to making it look as beautiful as yours OMG. That first photo is luscious, but then wait, there is the "slice" photo. .... Well, need I say more? Thanks for giving us something else to covet. he he
AmyRuth

Elyse said...

Mmm, this cheesecake looks so amazingly delicious. I can't even begin to tell you! I can't wait to make this in my kitchen so I too can cut into that amazing goodness. Sorry I've been away from blogging/commenting for so long. I just finished up with my exams and am finally getting around to my google reader :) Everything looks delicious!

Dragon said...

I love the combinations of flavours in this cheesecake!

Br said...

Cheese yummy cake.. thanks for the post.. love your blog daisy pretty much!

Brisbane forklifts said...

Cheese yummy cake.. thanks for the post.. love your blog daisy pretty much!

Lia "hr training" Scott said...

thanks for the recipes you posted daisy.. i could use it during mg weekend cooking session for the family