Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Bourbon Bread Pudding


Sharon from Simply Southern chose Bourbon Bread Pudding for this week's Tuesday's with Dorie recipe.

I love bread pudding, but I've never been able to get it quite right when I try to make it myself. This recipe was probably the closest I've gotten to a good bread pudding. I did underbake it a little so the bottom was a tad "squishy".

If I make this again, I will make sure to bake it long enough and maybe use a shallower pan, which I think would help.

I thought the little bottle of bourbon was cute. I guess I can make all the bourbon bread pudding I want now, seeing how we don't actually drink the stuff. (Maybe there are other bourbon recipes? Hmmm.... )


OK, I guess that's it... short and sweet, like this dessert. If you'd like to see the recipe, please stop by Sharon's blog (link can be found above), or find a copy of Dorie Greenspan's book "Baking, From my Home to Yours".

7 comments:

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

This looks great! And I just love the mini Makers Mark bottle - too cute! :)

Bella Baker said...

looks yummy! I felt the same about making it in a shallower pan next time. I think I would like it better that way!

Flourchild said...

That little bottle of wiskey is cute! Your pudding looks very good! Im glad you liked it!

Juliana said...

Wow, bread pudding with bourbon...sure sounds and looks yummie :-)

Mary said...

Yum! I like squishy bread pudding, and that wee bottle is very cute!
:)

Tia said...

ah-doh-rable bottle! and yummy pudding :)

Beth said...

I had Dorie's book out just last night and was looking at this recipe. Coincidence? Or is there a bread pudding in my near future?