Hi folks, I'm doing my "best of" for January and February. Every month or so, I go back and pick my favorites from the previous month's recipes. I do this as much for myself as anything else. That way, years from now, if I'm still blogging, my favorites won't slip through the cracks (of my brain) and be forgotten.
I also thought I'd take the opportunity to introduce you to our dog, Astro. He's a Bichon Frise who was rescued from a puppy mill when he was about one, and we've had him since (2 years now). He's a super sweet dog, but he still bears some emotional scars. He's jumpy and can be skittish and is often slow to warm up to strangers. He loves my husband to pieces and is hubby's little shadow. We love him too and can't imagine life without him.
So anyway, here are my favorites from January and February:
1. French Pear Tart - this may be my new all time favorite from TWD
2. I gotta go with all of the cookies from Operation Baking Gals, Round 5
3. The sugared pecans from the Banana Cake with Praline Filling, etc.
2. Peach Pie
3. Cream Cheese Buttercream from the Southern Coconut Cake
4. Floating Islands
5. Chocolate Fudge Cookies with Dried Cherries and Toffee