Monday, March 16, 2009

January & February Roundup

Hi folks, I'm doing my "best of" for January and February. Every month or so, I go back and pick my favorites from the previous month's recipes. I do this as much for myself as anything else. That way, years from now, if I'm still blogging, my favorites won't slip through the cracks (of my brain) and be forgotten.


I also thought I'd take the opportunity to introduce you to our dog, Astro. He's a Bichon Frise who was rescued from a puppy mill when he was about one, and we've had him since (2 years now). He's a super sweet dog, but he still bears some emotional scars. He's jumpy and can be skittish and is often slow to warm up to strangers. He loves my husband to pieces and is hubby's little shadow. We love him too and can't imagine life without him.

So anyway, here are my favorites from January and February:

January Faves
1. French Pear Tart - this may be my new all time favorite from TWD
2. I gotta go with all of the cookies from Operation Baking Gals, Round 5
3. The sugared pecans from the Banana Cake with Praline Filling, etc.

February Faves
1. Divinity
2. Peach Pie
3. Cream Cheese Buttercream from the Southern Coconut Cake
4. Floating Islands
5. Chocolate Fudge Cookies with Dried Cherries and Toffee

7 comments:

Elyse said...

Great round up! What a fabulous idea to put your favorite recipes in one place! And Astro is just precious. What a sweetie.

Sihan said...

Astro is such a darling.. gosh.. and I love the idea of the round-up. Maybe i should do that too.. if I weren't so lazy of course! haah.

Megan said...

Love love love the pup - and how great that he was saved from a puppy mill.

Also loving the round-ups - I am still trying to decide the best way to organize everything I've made on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Astro looks so adorable. How cool that he is a rescue pup. I like the round-up.

NKP said...

I love Astro!
He is so very cute! When Bella gets a little wrangy at the end of the day from her meds and being over-tired, I swaddle her like a baby in my arms and sing to her. Calms her right down.
Sigh, aren't little doggies wonderful?!

Snooky doodle said...

great round up . How cute!!!

Bunny said...

We have a Bichon too!! Her name is Chloe, she's only about 4 months old now and totally my baby! Astro is adorable!! I'm checking out the recipes!!