Tuesday, March 6, 2012

TWD: Rugelach

It's Tuesdays with Dorie time again, and this week we're making Rugelach. I'm a little late to the Rugelach party, as this is only the second time I've made or eaten them, but it's better late than never with these little jewels!


I think I used too much filling in mine because they don't look as nice and compact as those in the book, but they were still fantastic. I used apricot filling (Solo brand) with figs, almonds, macadamia nuts, and the requisite cinnamon sugar inside and out.


I only made 1/3 batch and shared with family. They went quick!


If you'd like to see the recipe, please check out the hosts' blogs, Jessica of My Baking Heart and Margaret of The Urban Hiker.

15 comments:

Baking is my Zen...sweet nibbles for the soul said...

Looks great!

~Carmen
http://bakingismyzen.wordpress.com

Im At Home Baking said...

Looks yummy!

Gretchen Noelle said...

Lovely looking cookies!

Strychnine said...

Ahh, so pretty!

Rebecca said...

They're beautiful! I'm impressed with your restraint in cutting down the recipe. :)

Julia said...

I think the look perfect. You can't go wrong with a little "too much" filling.

Wendy (pinkstripes) said...

YUM. Your rugelach look tasty!

Cher Rockwell said...

We made a half batch :-)
Your cookies look great.

Jen said...

Your rugelach looks delicious!!

Julie said...

They are pretty!

Pamela said...

I should have scaled back the recipe, too. At least I made some people happy by sharing, right? Thanks for the comments!

lauren said...

I'm glad I made a full recipe. I still have some in the freezer. I love the fig addition too - great job!

Saroj said...

This sounds yummy posted and shared on my blog and facebook page, thanks for sharing! I have never made the jar deserts but will give this one a go!

Ice cream desserts

AmyRuth said...

Wishing for some of that with my coffee right now!
Looks very tasty!

Fashion and Style said...

yummmmmmmmy recipe i like it very much