Tuesday, July 13, 2010

TWD: Brrrr-ownies


Hey folks! More chocolate on the menu this week... Karen of Welcome to Our Crazy Blessed Life chose Brrrr-ownies for this week's Tuesday's with Dorie recipe.

Brrrr-ownies are a moist, fudgey, peppermint patty filled brownie, named after Dorie's son's affinity for frozen peppermint patties.

I know, I know, you can't see any peppermint patties, can you? Well, they're there, I promise! You can't see them, but you can sure taste them. Mmmm, nice minty chocolate... these would be perfect at Christmas time.


The only downside? They majorly stuck to the buttered foil. I had to patiently scrape each and every brownie off the foil using my trusty plastic knife. I'm not sure if there's a fix for the sticking or not. If so, this recipe is definitely a keeper.

OK, signing off for now! If you'd like to find the recipe, please check out Karen's blog or find a copy of Dorie Greenspan's book, "Baking, From my Home to Yours".

16 comments:

Kimberly Johnson said...

Your brownies look just like mine! :) They did taste good though!

Chef Dennis Littley said...

they may have stuck because the foil just couldn't bear to part with them!!
they look oh so delicious!
Dennnis

Kayte said...

I used parchment paper and they came out just fine, no sticking at all. Don't think I thought of this myself, someone else told me to do that! Yours look fun and delicious.

Heather Davis said...

Mine majorly stuck to the parchment paper so who knows! They were certainly good to eat though.

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

Glad these were tasty, even if they did stick to the foil. :) Thanks for baking with me this week!

Tia said...

yummy! they look decacently fudgy

Peggy said...

These WOULD be perfect at Christmas wouldn't they. Gosh I never think to make brownies for the holidays but I should. I could eat them anytime at all really. With some ice cream, plain, with a cup of coffee, for breakfast. I wondered if parchment would work, but mine didn't stick at all with the foil. I sprayed it with Pam instead of using butter.

Susan said...

Parts of my brownies stuck to the foil. Several bakers said to try "no stick" foil. They were still good though. :)

Shari said...

These look amazing -- after all, the proof is in the tasting and these sound incredible. I'll have to give that recipe a try!

Unknown said...

Those look seriously fudgy and goeey! Just what I love. Going to try these!

Rachel said...

ooooh bummer! at least they still tasted great!

Pamela said...

I think they look pretty darn delectable!

margot said...

I loved that you showed the picture of the brownies stuck to the foil. for some reason I didn't have that problem. The brownies look great!

Nickki said...

Some of my brownies stuck to the foil as well. They were delicious anyway! Your brownies look yummy!

Anonymous said...

They sound delicious!

Katrina said...

My brownies did not stick, but I used that non-stick foil, which I really like. Didn't so much love the brownies though.