Wednesday, April 21, 2010

TWD: Sweet Cream Biscuits



Melissa of Love At First Bite chose Sweet Cream Biscuits for this week's Tuesday's with Dorie recipe.

This recipe is definitely a keeper. I am thrilled to report that I finally got light, fluffy biscuits. First time ever! The only downside was that they were a little crumbly. With all the talk about not over-working the dough, I suspect I might have been too easy on the dough (hard to believe, I know).

Never mind, though. Next time I make these, they'll have a healthy dose of these:


and some of this:



Yepper, there WILL be a next time.

If you'd like to see the recipe, please visit Melissa's blog. Or you can get your hands on a copy of Dorie Greenspan's book "Baking, from My Home to Yours".

12 comments:

Kayte said...

Wow, you did have a great success with this recipe...yours look absolutely perfect. I need to keep working on it. Strawberries and Whipped Cream would seem to be just the reason why.

Susi's Kochen und Backen said...

I've seen a few of these floating around blogs the last few days and have to say yours are by far one of the best looking ones! Makes me want to eat one right now :o)

Unknown said...

they look wonderful!

Tia said...

oh wow, great pictures!

Nichicakes said...

perfectly biscuity!

Linda said...

Congrats on your biscuit success --- they look perfectly light and fluffy! Going the shortcake route with berries and cream sounds fantastic.

vibi said...

I really liked those too! Something about how easy and quick and tasty they were...

I'm glad you enjoyed them and seeing the future plans you have on how to kill 'em, they should be affraid, real affraid! LOL

Katrina said...

Your biscuits look great. I think biscuits are just crumbly no matter what. I've always liked KFC's biscuits (that's about all I like there), and they're always a little crumbly, too.
But yep, sometimes a little crumble is worth it.

CB said...

Oh baby. The next time you make those with that and that, I hope you invite me over! Glad you had success with your biscuits.
-CB
http://iheartfood4thought.com

Amanda said...

They rose beautifully! i thought this was a super easy recipe :)

Susan said...

Perfect looking biscuits. I loved these and am planning on making them again tomorrow morning for breakfast.

Melissa said...

Yours look great! I was worrying that I wasn't working the dough enough too... I guess it takes some getting used to! Thanks for baking my selection this week!