Tuesday, April 27, 2010

TWD: Chockablock Cookies

Dear Reader,

I'm sorry I haven't had any witty observations about life to share with you lately.

I'm sorry I don't have any progress photos that entice you to run into the kitchen (right now!) and bake these.

I'm sorry I don't have any heart-warming stories about how these cookies remind me of my grandma.

All I have is cookies, chockablock full of chunky, chewy add-ins...


... like dried figs, sliced almonds, chocolate chips, and oatmeal.

Every time I ate one, I thought about how I like chocolate chip cookies better. Somehow, though, that thought didn't stop me from eating about 20 of them.

Hmmmm... now I'm not so sure.

Sorry readers. Life has been busy. Focus has been elsewhere. But I'm still here, waiting for that full-on blogging urge to hit.

Thanks so much to Mary of Popsicles and Sandy Feet for choosing these make-them-your-own cookies for this week's Tuesday's with Dorie recipe. If you'd like to see the recipe, please visit Mary's blog or find yourself a copy of Dorie Greenspan's book, "Baking, From my Home to Yours".

22 comments:

Kaitlin said...

The ingredient combination you chose sounds fantastic!

I know what you mean about waiting for that blogging urge to hit. Mine has only recently awakened - I wish you similar luck.

Cindy said...

These little gems are addictive! Every bite has a new surprise!

Nickki said...

Your cookies look delicious! :-)

Paula said...

I had the exact same feeling about wishing they were just a chocolate chip cookie.

chocolatechic said...

I made a turtle cookie and nixed the molasses.

Pamela said...

I hear you about the blogging. I am going through something similar right now, too. I'll still read what ever you post! Nice cookies. :o)

Anonymous said...

I found myself eating waaay more of these that I intended myself. They look fab.

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

great move on the sliced almonds. that sounds delicious!

and i too found that even though they were not my favorite, i kept going back for more!

i hope you'll join me next week with the burnt sugar ice cream. it's dang good!

Susi's Kochen und Backen said...

They look and sound great, despite leaving you uninspired ;o)

Jayne said...

They look great and sound fabulous. I go through blogging slumps as well. Don't worry about it - time passes, things change, and the urge will return.

Flourchild said...

Life does get busy but that's allright! Im glad you were able to bake with us this week!

Mary said...

I totally understand about how life can get so crazy. Thanks for baking along with me this week!

Hindy said...

Great, addictive cookies. No apologies necessary!

Tia said...

they look wholesome, hearty and chewy. :)

Kayte said...

These look delicious. Usually every week people vary up things this way and that, but this week so many people stuck to the recipe and they all look the same and by that I mean, truly wonderful! My guys inhaled them and asked for more.

Teanna said...

I TOTALLY know where you are coming from. My blog has taken a backseat for the past month since I started working and it is killing me! I'm trying to work so much harder to keep it strong!

Your cookies look great and I hope they got you through the busy times!

Carol Peterman/TableFare said...

Your blogging inspiration will return. Figs sound like a great choice for these cookies. I wish I would have thought of that.

margot said...

The cookies look delish! There isn't a ton to say about these cookies. I thought they were good, but probably not something I'd make again. I know how you feel about being in slump, mine has lasted longer than I would like.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

sometimes there just isn't that much to say...i never seem to get up posts that are more than a paragraph or two now. not many words needed for these cookies anyway...can tell by your photo how good they were!

Marthe said...

I'm sorry I ate 6 cookies in a row.... Hahaha! I liked them, but didn´t love them: the oats bothered me...

Katrina said...

Hum drum ;). Hope you find some baking inspiration soon. And some free time, right!
I really liked these cookies.

TeaLady said...

MEH!! on the cookie. TOO much stuff. Next time no fruit.

but yours look good.