Tuesday, December 8, 2009

TWD: Sables


Mmm, coooo-kies! I love cookies, making them and eating them. To me, it's so easy to whip up a batch of cookies. Some folks don't want to be bothered, but I say "no problem-o". Especially when they're slice and bake cookies like this week's Tuesday's with Dorie recipe, Sables, chosen by Barbara of Bungalow Barbara.

Apparently sables are the French version of shortbread. I honestly thought they tasted a lot like my sugar cookies. Now, I didn't bake them for the allotted time, which seemed way too long to me (I prefer soft cookies to crisp). So maybe that had something to do with them seeming decidedly non-French and non-shortbread-ish.

My son and I are baking another batch today, so maybe I'll try leaving them in longer. I'm sure they'll still be delish.

OK, over and out until next week. If you'd like to see the recipe, please stop by Barbara's blog, or find a copy of Dorie Greenspan's book "Baking, From my Home to Yours".

No comments: