Friday, October 23, 2009

Saturday's with Dorie: Chocolate-Chocolate Cupcakes


It's been a year exactly (well, 360 days if you want to get technical) since Clara at i heart food 4 thought chose Chocolate-Chocolate Cupcakes for the weekly Tuesday's with Dorie recipe. I seem to remember being in some sort of snit at the time and didn't make these.

Bad call on my part!

These were really good... and this from someone who's not a huge cupcake fan. They were moist and light, perfect for a big dollop of vanilla icing (and sprinkles, of course!). I thought they could have been a big more chocolaty. But really, let's face it, cupcakes are all about the icing anyway, right? So it wasn't a big deal.


Dorie mentions that these cuppies are more suited to adults, being less sweet and made with dark chocolate. However, I needed these for a kid-friendly event, so I used semi-sweet melted chocolate and increased the sugar by a few tablespoons.



(I couldn't pass up these Halloween themed cupcake liners, by Martha of course. No one but me will probably notice them, LOL. They've got spiders on the bottom too.)

Anyway, kudos to Clara for a great pick and (as *always*) to Dorie Greenspan for another fabulous recipe from her book "Baking, from My Home to Yours". For the recipe, check out Clara's site or better yet, Dorie's book.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Jacque-your cupcakes look amazing! *Love* the liners!! Have not made these yet--as I wasn't in TWD last year-but definitely will give them a try!

grace said...

"cupcakes are all about the icing anyway..." TRUTH!
and your cupcake liners are awesome!

NKP said...

Delish - and I love the liners!

Julia @Mélanger said...

I so love the cupcake wrappers. CUTE!

Aspiring Mom2three said...

These look so yummy! I'll have to try these soon.

Anonymous said...

Cute cupcakes! Love the liners.

April said...

I loved the Martha Halloween things, so cute. Cupcakes look delish, these were a great selection.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

they look good! love the wrappers!