Sunday, June 28, 2009

Cookie Carnival: Strawberry Shortcake Cookies


This month, the Cookie Carnival bakers made Strawberry Shortcake Cookies from Martha Stewart's site.

These "cookies" were really sweetened little biscuits with chunks of strawberry scattered throughout.

Mmm, they were so GOOD! I will definitely make these again. The kids (normally chocolate chip cookie snobs) were scarfing them down faster than me.

The directions say they are best the day they are made, and I agree. By the second day they were headed toward soggy land.

They were a little strange to make up, not like your typical cookie dough. They were somewhat crumbly before adding the strawberries, but once the strawberries were in, they moistened the dough and it came together.

Here they are before baking.



OK, over and out! See you next month.

10 comments:

Steph said...

I'm glad you enjoyed these!

Jessica said...

I've been looking at these delightful cookies pop up all over this month and they look so fabulous. It's great that you and your kids really enjoyed these and the chocolate chip has a little bit of new competition.

NKP said...

They are gorgeous! I have never had cookies with bits of strawberries in them.

Snooky doodle said...

these look delicious! I made them too but used candied strawberries. I have to try them with fresh ones though.

Pamela said...

I couldn't get my kids to try them, but that was fine. I loved them and only a few made it to day 2 where they were eaten with great enjoyment!

grace said...

strawberries in cookies seems weird, but i'm sure i could find my way past that to enjoy them immensely. nice job!

Anonymous said...

Oh, strawberry shortcake cookies sound wonderful. Very seasonal. YUM.

PheMom said...

I still didn't get to this one yet, but they look really tasty!

Krafty Christy said...

I thought they were kind of like a scone. They were so good! And 2 of my kids loved them, my girl, not so much. She IS a chocolate chip cookie snob!

Martha said...

I enjoyed these a lot too, but definitely more like a mini scone than a traditional cookie.