Wednesday, November 16, 2011

TWD: Alsatian Apple Tart


Jessica of Cookbook Habit chose Alsatian Apple Tart for this week's Tuesdays with Dorie recipe. I'm so happy this recipe was finally chosen. I came so close (twice!) to choosing this but I got lazy both times and opted for cookies instead. So, thanks Jessica!


This tart was really simple to make. Sliced apples were placed in an unbaked tart shell and a custard mixture was poured over top. Then bake and eat! I had to add a couple of shakes of cinnamon to the custard first though (apples without cinnamon is grounds for a flogging in my book).

Anyway, it was fantastic! Seriously loved it.

OK, that's it for this week. If you'd like to see the recipe, checkout the link in the first paragraph or Dorie Greenspan's book "Baking, From my Home to Yours".

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cinnamon...but of course! I had to restrain myself from adding spices, but next time I won't. Your tart looks fantastic. Thanks for baking along with me!

Jaime said...

beautiful tart!

Katrina said...

Your tart looks great. I really wanted to have time for this one, but just couldn't get it done. Maybe for rewind next week? Happy Thanksgiving!

Rachel said...

Yum this looks delicious (and perfect for Thanksgiving!!)